Sunday, July 20, 2008

Eat Pray Love- Elizabeth Gilbert

I had seen this book floating around the hostel for a while, but the cover and name just looked and sounded too cheesy for me to even pick it up. Then my cousin Monica sent me a copy along with a rave review and I decided to give it a shot. Basically the author went through a messy divorce, followed it up with a less than perfect relationship and decided she needed to get some perspective in her life. She took a year off (of life) to essentially eat, pray and love by spending 4 months each in Italy, India and Indonesia respectively. This book is her story. I salivated when I read about her experiences in Italy. I thought a lot about religion reading her experiences in India. And Indonesia sounded a lot like my experience here in Burkina. I'm not sure how much guys would love this book (although I know at least one Peace Corps guy has read it), but I think all of my girls and fam would probably really enjoy it.

No comments: